Thursday, October 16, 2008

Economics 101 for Obama Voters

I have a small business.

On the books it shows we make over $250,000.

Obama takes over, implements his tax plans to tax all of the big guys making over $250,000.

I have 15 employees.

I support my family and four kids on the profits.

With Obama's tax plan I now pay taxes I didn't pay this year, or last year, or the year before.

I'm not going to cut my salary because my kids deserve to live on the fruits of my labor. I struggled for ten years to make sure I could feed every one of my kids. I save money to put them through college. I did without dinners out, without the car I wanted and I used coupons to shop in discount stores. I bought my clothes at the thrift store and cut my own grass.

Now I'm finally in a position after years of living frugally to start to relax just a bit and start putting some money back toward my retirement. I want to make sure my family is well taken care of in the event something happens to me.

The people I buy my supplies from are in the same boat I'm in. They have to figure out, just like me, what we're going to do to make sure we stay in business and that our employees still have jobs.

We have options. We can cut everyone's pay. We can let some of the staff go. We can increase the price of our product. Our lease still costs the same amount, our utilities still cost the same amount and our taxes are going up, up, up.

If I let some of the staff go then the others who are here will have to pick up the slack. Some things won't get done and some things will get done slower.

If I cut everyone's pay we might can squeak through but then everyone is struggling.

I'm going to raise the cost of my product. So are my suppliers, which will force me to increase my prices even more.

Who gets hurt? Not me, I'm still taking home the same amount. You Obama voters are going to pay more for products.

If you think it sounds good to take from the rich and give to the poor, you'll definitely never be able to call yourself rich. You're not taking from the rich, you're stealing from those of us who worked our butts off to make it. Most of us worked really hard to attain the American dream and now you want us to hand it over to you. Forget it. Tax my business all you want and see what you get. Higher prices, people on the street who could have had a job, expansions curtailed and growth slowed to a virtual halt, if not reversed. Empty shops.

So who's going to pick up the tab for all the people who can't find work? You are if you're paying any kind of taxes. Even if you are on the government dole the cost of gas will go up, the cost of food will rise and everything you buy will ultimately cost more. Your paycheck won't go as far and you'll wonder what hit you in the wallet. You'll have no one to blame but yourselves.

Go ahead, vote Obama thinking he'll hand things to you on a tin platter. Enjoy the euphoria from Nov. 4th until Jan. 2nd. After that it's downhill all the way and you'll be the ones who pay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Touche'! My hat goes off to you, you are what makes this country so wonderful. Without people like you there would be no hope. Hang in there and thank you for sharing.

Kat